This neverending pandemic hasn’t been the best mental health environment for many people — it has created raised levels of uncertainty, anxiety, loneliness, unhappiness, procrastination and feelings of dreariness for large numbers of people.
That’s understandable, and I feel tremendous compassion for everyone who is suffering right now.
I strongly believe that this is an opportunity for us all, to use this difficult environment to shift something for ourselves.
This can be our mental training ground, if we view it that way.
Khanjar Making Sur:
- Focus when we’re feeling overwhelmed
- Find joy in the middle of the ordinary and mundane
- Have compassion for ourselves when we’re feeling difficult emotions
- Connect with others who are feeling those same difficult emotions
- Find a sense of meaning in everything we do
- Relax when things are chaotic
Basically, everything that arises as a mental difficulty for us right now is a perfect opportunity to train.
The pandemic might be our greatest teacher.